Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Welcome Home Scott! :)

We were very blessed to have Scott come home early from Iraq. We will be spending Christmas together as a family this year! Below are a few pictures from us waiting for him to walk through the gym doors back into our lives!! I apologize that there are no pictures of the ceremony itself, but trying to juggle Dylan and Amelia while sitting 4 rows up in the bleachers was NOT easy, and the ceremony was so brief!! He marched in with about 70 other soldiers, and stood at attention while the National Anthem was played, what a joy that was!! I always feel so full of pride when I hear that song, to know that my husband has volunteered to stand up and protect all of us! After a short, very short, speech, the guys were released to find their families. What a moment, 9 months in the making! The kids were excited, although Amelia wasn't quite ready to go to her daddy just yet, but oh, has that changed! She loves her daddy so much!!





Amelia
Side shot of a welcome home poster.

The four of us waiting for Scott...Christian was in class.


Amelia and I waiting...



Dylan at the welcome home ceremony for Scott.




No comments: